Who we are
Thank you for visiting Astra Hospitals.
Astra Hospitals is referred to in this privacy statement as “Astra Hospitals,” “we,” “us” or “our.” We are committed to the protection of your (meaning to include your family members who might provide their information as well) privacy and your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our website, astra.in, related websites and mobile applications (collectively, the “Site”).
This policy shall be applicable to the information collected or displayed on our website. We assure to take the privacy seriously and to keep your privacy and confidentiality of the information provided to us.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement or the ways in which Astra Hospitals uses the information we collect online, please do not hesitate to contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section at the bottom of this statement.
What data do we collect?
As a healthcare service provider we may be required to collect some information from you. Your information helps us identify you and help us serve you better. Information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact data such as your email address and phone number;
- Demographic data such as sex, age, location and pin code;
- History of the appointments with Astra;
- Health or medical data including medical conditions, diagnostic reports, prescriptions and medication history;
- Insurance related data; and
- Other information that you may voluntarily choose to provide while availing our services.
You may also provide some ‘sensitive personal information’ or SPI Rules while availing our services. Such SPI may be relating to:
- Financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details
- Other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information; and
- Visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter.
Note: Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as personal information or sensitive personal data or information .
How we use your data?
Astra Hospitals may use your data for the purpose of providing health care services (“Services”) or to reach out to you via various means of communication including but not limited to phone, SMS, online messengers (including Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp etc.), and emails to update you with your (or your families) appointments, medical history, doctor requests, test results and reports, etc.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving your experience and our services.
- Analyzing such information for research and development of new technologies.
- Using analysis of such information in other commercial product offerings by us or our partners.
We may have to retain your information for as long as legally required. We shall not intentionally or unless required under applicable laws share the your data with any outside authorities or any third party. However, you are advised that internet technology is not full proof safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
In case you visit another website from our Site, we do not make any warranty or give any security to the personal information disclosed by you to the other websites, even if such websites are linked to our website or they are using our website link.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us.
If you do not wish to receive our communications, you can either communicate the same to the caller, use the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the communication, or send a request to your email ID on our website.
We reserve the right to amend our policies and make the new provisions effective for all information we maintain from time to time.
The information provided under this website and the terms and conditions therein are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with Laws of India. Any dispute arising out of the use of this website whether in contract or tort or otherwise, shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts in Bengaluru, India for its resolution.